We are fast approaching Valentine’s Day and I just want to explore some non-budget-busting Valentine’s ideas that won’t destroy your budget and still keep some romance in the day.
We all want the romance, and to tell that special person how much we care, but at the same time, let’s be budget conscious. I’m as much of a romantic as the next person, and I’ve come up with some ideas that won’t break the bank:
- Skip the restaurant. Prepare a home-cooked meal. If you are not a whiz in the kitchen, don’t fret. There are plenty of apps or recipe websites to walk you through cooking that perfect meal. Or, go out after Valentine’s Day and avoid the crowds, poor service, and higher prices.
- Use Daily Deal for discounts if you DO dine out. But be careful; many of these vouchers have blackout dates that may include Valentine’s Day.
- Valentine’s gifts can be VERY Expensive. Save money, and make a handcrafted gift. Again, there are plenty of ideas online to take the pressure off.
- Complete unfinished projects around the house in the name of love. We all have unfinished “honey do” projects around the house. Why not complete the list and make that a Valentine’s Day Gift?
- If you MUST buy jewelry, buy it AFTER Valentine’s Day. It will cost far less and look just as nice.
- Create a coupon book that your significant other can redeem from you. This is easy to do and can be fun. Maybe a foot massage or cooking dinner is on the list. All can be put in a fun, easy-to-do coupon book.
While it is nice to be able to spend lots on Valentine’s Day, for many of us, a budget is just as important. I hope these ideas, and even more you can come up with, can make for an easy, affordable Valentine’s Day that it still romantic.