Since 1971, Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Southern Oregon has provided counseling for credit, debt management, budgeting, housing, and financial education to the community. Most of our clients hear about us from their friends and neighbors.
Here are a few of our personal financial education programs available throughout the year.
Call our office for the current schedule 541-779-2273.
- Stretching Your Dollar – With the cost of living on the rise, this class covers how to get the most from your hard earned paycheck. Topics include: saving money at the grocery store, driving your car for less, home weatherization and conservation, trimming your budget, controlling impulse spending
- 10 Steps to Home Ownership – if you are thinking about buying a house? Whether it’s your first home or you’re bouncing back after a foreclosure or bankruptcy, this fast moving class is an overview of the current process. Learn how to place yourself in the best position to reach your goal. This class takes you through preparing yourself financially, improving your credit, and shopping for a loan.
- Budgeting Made Easy – a well-planned budget is the key to achieving your financial goals. This class gives you an in-depth look at: creating a personal budget, setting your financial goals, reducing your spending, organizing your money, controlling impulse spending.
- Understand Your Credit Reports & Scores – You can SAVE MONEY by rebuilding a poor credit score. Knowing what is on your credit report is the place to start. You will learn how to get a free copy of your three credit reports. You will also learn how to read a report and get tips on how to correct errors you may find. Getting your credit report in good order might make the interest rate of your next house or car lower, and even lower your monthly auto insurance rate.
- Student Loans – DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO? This class gives you information about how to find out who is your loan servicer, how much you owe, the status of your loan(s), options for repayment, what to do if your servicer will not work with you, and how to work student loans into your budget.
- Identity Theft & Scams – Everyone must be on guard against scams and Identity Theft. Many crooks – even friends and family members – can take someone’s identity and wreak havoc on a person’s credit. Learn how to protect your identity, what the latest scams are, and how to monitor your credit to protect your identity.
- Getting Out of Debt – In this class, we will look at ways of getting out of debt. We explore methods to increase income and find more money in a family budget. We discuss ways to apply these funds to paying down debt in a systematic manner to get you out of debt. In addition, we explore your rights as a consumer and explain what alternatives there are for dealing with your debt.
Registration fee – $10 per person for each class. To register for a class, call our office 541-779-2273.
Employers: Need a customized personal financial education program to meet the needs of your employees? CCCS would be glad to assist.